Sunday, November 07, 2004

In The Heart Of The Beast

The lovely Atomizerette and I are currently enjoying the last few precious days of our all too short honeymoon. My wife (it feels funny even typing those words) is upstairs in bed with a nasty virus of some sort which has provided me with the freedom to hang out in the lobby of the Argonaut Hotel and indulge myself in all three of my bad habits...drinking, smoking and blogging.

I must add here that the anti-smoking crusade has truly invaded the state of California. A guy can't just light up a fag when the spirit strikes him...unless he happens to be a very gay man, if you know what I mean. It is somewhat disorienting for me to be in a bar sucking down my third Sapphire martini (an unpossible task unless the wife is asleep...and she is) without the accompanying heater. The only joy I get from the indignity of having to hover outside with the other lung poisoned lepers is seeing the looks on the faces of those who notice the Bush-Cheney '04 button that I have been proudly sporting since I arrived on the Left Coast. Priceless.

Yesterday was Chinatown and Union Square. Today was Alcatraz and the Museum of Modern Art. Tomorrow is brewery day. Oh, for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment