Saturday, November 27, 2004

Light Housework

Like The Elder, I feel I must respond to Hugh's implication that we Fraters fellows are less than handy around the house.

I had every intention of putting up my Christmas lights yesterday but, upon reaching the top the ladder, I noticed a few shingles on my roof were damaged. One thing led to another and before long I had re-roofed the entire house complete with cedar shakes and copper gutters.

While I was perched atop my home enjoying the beauty of my handiwork, I noticed that part of the wooden fence that marks the perimeter of my palatial estate looked a bit damaged. I scurried down the ladder and proceeded to dismantle the existing fence and in no time I had constructed a brand new eight foot tall stone wall with two beautiful iron gates and a guard house.

Then, while contemplating what to do with the pile of lumber that had been the old fence, I grabbed a hammer, a box of nails and a hand saw and before nightfall I had constructed a stunning two level addition to my house including two solariums, a bowling alley and a horse barn.

Yes, it was a busy day at Balsawood yesterday. The Christmas lights are still in a tangled mess at the foot of the ladder, however. Perhaps I'll have to hire a hearty Scots-Irish handyman to complete that bear of a chore. It truly is more than a guy like me can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment