Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Dealing With The Pain

As a way to deal with the pain of losing her, Martin Zellar's brother has been concocting his own Plain Layne fantasies:

We also once, on a complete lark, went to New York for the weekend to see Urinetown, purely because we had been concocting elaborate and far-fetched speculative versions of our own for months. My favorite was Layne's take-off, based on Oliver, where the hard-drinking and weak-bladdered denizens of a squalid village in England relieve themselves any- and everywhere, and where the streets run with urine and the characters break into riotous song as they make their contributions to the river of piss ("Piss, glorious piss! Never before has a piss felt like this!" Or: "You're in, you're in, you're in Urinetown, where continence is frowned upon." And, finally, Layne's twist on 'Kiss On My List,' the Hall and Oates' classic: "Oh piss! Oh piss is on my list/Oh piss is on my list/of the best things in life!").

I think I miss that Layne even more than the authentic fake one. Somebody please let me know when the mourning, support group blog starts for Zellar's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment