Monday, June 07, 2004

Credit Where It's Due

We like to bash the mainstream media as much as the next guy (or gal) for their liberal bias. But so far the media coverage of Ronald Reagan's passing has been, for the most part, commendable. Last night was the first time in recent memory that I was able to watch the entire hour of "Sixty Minutes" without once getting my dander up about what I viewed as slanted reporting. I've heard some conservatives nit picking here and there about perceived slights to Reagan's legacy, but I have not come across such instances myself.

Today Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is running some Center of the American Experiment (a local conservative think tank) programs on Reagan. Mitch Pearlstein, the CAE President, will be on live at 11 a.m. And from noon until 1 p.m. they will air portions of two American Experiment Forums: Dinesh D'Souza's in 1998 and Peter Robinson's in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment