Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Feedback

Some recent email from Fraters readers. First, Man From Silver Mountain, on Reagan's funeral:

My wife and I had the same reaction to seeing Scott Baio at Reagan's funeral. I think my quote upon seeing him was, "Where's Willie Aames?"

James Phillips commenting on The Elder in China:

I think you can forget about getting any useful info from The Elder. He has obviously been taken in by some Chi-Com Potemkin Village. You should worry that he seems on the verge of an singing the praises of some Chinese free market miracle or some such nonsense.

PS: I really don't think he likes being reminded of that Bartolo "I think he'll help the Angels" Colon moment on Hugh's show. But maybe because some people just won't let it go. I know I can't. (FYI, Bart Colon is a stellar 4-5, with a hefty 6.24 ERA. Oh yeah, that'll help.)


And finally, a member of the US military, on the letter by Chaplain Unger, printed here yesterday:

Thank you for posting the letter by Chaplain Unger. It is a sad statement that letters or essays as good as his are so few and far between. Sadder yet, they never make the front page of the newspaper or the headlines of the news.

Thank you also for getting in there and telling it the way it is and making it available to the people. Being from Minnesota, your takes on the Star and Sickle and the local media always gives me a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment